Skip to main content

Meeting Minutes for June 29, 2022

Laguna Lakes
Community Development District

The regular meeting of The Board of Supervisors of the Laguna Lakes Community Development District was held at the Lakes Regional Library, 15290 Bass Road, Fort Myers, Florida and also via web conference on Wednesday, June 29, 2022.

Present (or attending via web conference) and constituting a quorum were:

Jonathan Busa – Chair
Ellen Young – Vice Chair
Mark Wessler – Assistant Secretary
Paul Rumbold, Jr. – Assistant Secretary
Mike Cutler – Assistant Secretary

Also present (or attending via web conference) were:

Cal Teague – District Manager, Premier District Management (PDM)
Gaby Novak – Project Specialist, PDM

The following is a summary of the discussion and actions taken at the Laguna Lakes Community Development District (CDD) Board of Supervisors regular meeting.

FIRST ORDER OF BUSINESS Call to Order and Roll Call

The meeting was called to order and all Board members were present, with Supervisor Cutler attending via web conference. Also in attendance were Gaby Novak from PDM, and Cal Teague, the District Manager, attending via web conference. Several Residents were also in attendance, and some attended via web conference.

On MOTION by Supervisor Rumbold, seconded by Supervisor Wessler, with all in favor, the Board approved Supervisor Cutler’s attendance via web conference.

SECOND ORDER OF BUSINESS Approval of the Agenda

On MOTION by Supervisor Wessler, seconded by Supervisor Rumbold, with all in favor, the Agenda was approved, as submitted.

THIRD ORDER OF BUSINESS Audience Comments on Agenda Items

There were no Audience Comments on the Agenda.

FOURTH ORDER OF BUSINESS Approval of Meeting Minutes

A. Draft Meeting Minutes for May 25, 2022

Add “A report on chlorine tablets will be provided by Tad Kring”

On MOTION by Supervisor Wessler, seconded by Supervisor Rumbold, with all in favor, the Draft Meeting Minutes for May 25, 2022 were approved, as amended.


A. Irrigation Report

Tad Kring’s report was in the packet and the following was discussed:

i. Work Orders Log Update

Gaby Novak reviewed the work order log and the work orders that had been entered on a spreadsheet, and Supervisor Cutler had noticed that there were multiple visits listed for the same addresses, and he believed that there were duplicates. He would like to see logs that are more accurate and consistent, and he will work with Field Manager Pepin to look at the history of work orders and examine the weak points identified. It was pointed out that residents submit their issues to Alliant first, then they go to Chris, and Tad is copied. Also a recent report from Tad was not in a spreadsheet format, which Supervisor Cutler stated that he needs as he identifies the weak points.

ii. Chlorine Injection Mid-June

The most recent chlorine treatment was on June 24, 2022. There was discussion at the last meeting concerning proactive treatment with chlorine tablets, and the Board requested a review of this process with an estimate. Field Manager Pepin had not received a response from Tad. Action will be taken at next month’s meeting after they have a report on this process.

iii. Proposals for Consideration

There were no proposals to consider.

The Board discussed Tad’s request to come in another day, which was authorized by Chair Busa, because they were behind. The Board requested that Tad specify what they plan to do on the extra day, which they had not had time to complete. Chair Busa mentioned that Tad does not bill them for every day that he comes to the community, but Chair Busa expects the report to include this effort.

B. Lake Maintenance

i. Lake 8 Update

Chris is still waiting on Solitude for an estimate to do an Alum and sediment analysis.

C. Discussion on Improvements at the End of Spring Mountain Way

Chair Busa wondered if the Board would allow improvements at the end of Spring Mountain Way, as had been discussed at a previous meeting, and whether this included CDD property. A resident suggested that a walkway could be installed there. The Board decided to remove this from the Agenda until the HOA Master Board and Monterrey had submitted suggestions or a plan.


Supervisor Rumbold mentioned a complaint from a resident that midge flies had been seen on Lake 7. The Board will ask Chris to investigate this, and report back if treatments are needed.


A. Current Field Report

District Manager Teague didn’t have Field Manager Pepin’s report, and the Board had no additional requests. District Manager Teague stated that they can send any questions to him or Field Manager Pepin.

Supervisor Cutler wondered if the electrical boxes on Lakes 2 and 7 had been restored, and it was stated that this had been completed. He also asked if the catch basins had been cleaned after the storm, and the Board ascertained that these will be looked at on Chris’s regular site visit, since the report had been dated before the storm.

B. Other Follow-Up Items

i. Berm Pine Straw Project Start Date

This project is 100% complete.

ii. Cane Toad Control Program Update

Chris reported that, for the month June, he had removed 27 toads from the community, which brings the yearly total to 258.

iii. Missing Plant Voids Along Interior Berm Replacement Estimate

They are still waiting for an estimate from Ramirez for this project.


A. Form 1 Submittals

District Manager Teague stated that these are the financial disclosure forms, and that they should be completed, because they are due by July 1st.

B. FY 2021 Audit

District Manager Teague stated that the Audit is in draft form and is currently being reviewed by staff, including the CPA that PDM had retained. Once completed, the audit will be released for distribution.

NINTH ORDER OF BUSINESS Financial Statements

A. May 2022

On MOTION by Supervisor Wessler, seconded by Supervisor Rumbold, with all in favor, the Board accepted the May 2022 Financials, as presented.


There was nothing to report from Attorney Andy Cohen.


There was nothing to report from Engineer Mark McCleary. Supervisor Cutler asked if Engineer McCleary had submitted the updated C.A.D. drawings for irrigation, and District Manager Teague stated that they had not received them as of yet. The Board requested an update on them.

TWELFTH ORDER OF BUSINESS Supervisor Requests/Comments

There were no Supervisor Requests or Comments.


There were no Audience comments.

District Manager Teague mentioned that Vice Chair Young will not be running for election, and he complimented her for all she had done for the community.


On MOTION by Supervisor Rumbold, seconded by Supervisor Wessler, with all in favor, the meeting was adjourned.

The Next Regular Meeting is July 27, 2022 at 4:30 p.m.

Chair/Vice Chair